The Kashat Culture
Senior Backend Engineer (Java)
Kashat helps the unbanked Egyptian population cultivate a financial identity by providing them with instant loans and an opportunity to access wider financial services by way of building a credit history. We aspire to reconfigure how financial services for the unbanked are distributed by aiming to provide more equitable and accessible solutions. If you are looking for an ambitious and dynamic environment with new challenges every week, this is the place for you.
Kashat is the first nano lending app in Egypt, we are Egypt’s first regulated nano lending venture. This is your opportunity to work with an ambitious mobile-first fintech which has the ambition to become the most progressive and comprehensive fintech mobile app for the unbanked. Join us in our mission to solve some of the region’s most challenging issues revolving around access to finance for the unbanked.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Back-end Developer Who will work with a growing team to produce, improve and troubleshoot current back-end applications and processes.
You will be using your deep understanding and experience of Java and other tools to analyze current code and developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
You should have excellent communication, technical, and time management skills to succeed as a backend developer, you should be focused on building better, more efficient applications and creating a better end-user experience and you must be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
- Collect, document, and analyze requirements from a variety of sources.
- Design robust, high-performance, low-maintenance, and documented solutions.
- Produce high-quality implementations of applications, including writing & reviewing code.
- Lead and participate in performance and functionality testing of applications.
- Develop new web applications and web services.
- Maintain existing applications and services.
- Suggest and demonstrate efficient designs & technologies for applications
- Mentor and support other less experienced developers.
- BS. Degree in Computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience as a Java developer using Core Java EE.
- Excellent understanding of key concepts in Java distributed web applications, especially concurrency, exception handling, session management, multi-tier design, and building of APIs.
- Good experience with Spring frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, and Spring Data.
- Good Experienced with application servers such as (JBoss – Wildfly).
- Strong Knowledge of MySQL Database and Hibernate/JPA framework to work with DB
- Good Knowledge of OOP and micro-service architectures and software design patterns.
- Good knowledge of REST services and JSON.
- Strong understanding of automated builds and continuous integration, and supporting tools, e.g. git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience with cloud solutions such as AWS
- Experience working in agile team and applying agile practices
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with React JS is a plus
- Experience with Financial and accounting systems is a plus
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft.
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Java, RESTful, OOP, SDLC, JSON, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Java EE, Java 8, GPA, Web Services, Cloud, REST, MySQL, React
EGYPT's First Nano Financial Service Provider
Powering Access to Digital Financial Possibilities
Kashat serves as the entry point to financial inclusion for the un- and underbanked population in Egypt by offering instant, small, short-term, productive loans.