Kashat app is a free app built, managed and operated by Pharos Microfinance S.A.E. This service is provided at no cost and is intended for use as is. This page is used to inform customers and get their consent regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information upon using our service.
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy.
Information We Collect:
We may collect and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App or on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our App, subscribing to our services and corresponding with us via e-mail or helpline. This may include, but is not limited to, information such as your name, address, phone, email address, national ID card, photograph of you, username and password.
- Upon subscribing to our services (such as applying for a loan) we may ask you to provide us with additional information about you such as your educational background, occupational status and field, marital status, financial and credit information. We may require you to provide documentary evidence as specified under the Microfinance regulations, and these may be subject to change from time to time.
- Information that we collect about you and your device upon using our App after you grant us access permissions. Please note that this information cannot and will not be collected without user consent. This includes but is not limited to:
- device information including type of mobile, unique device identifiers (IMEI or serial number), device operating system and device’s location and time zone
- mobile network information
- stored information on your device such as contact list, call logs, SMS logs and media gallery
- current location information provided by GPS technology and other location services
- Information regarding details of transactions that you carry out through our App and if you contact us via our helpline, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Unique application numbers. When you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- Log Data. We may collect certain information (log data) automatically and store it in log files. Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), device name, operating system version, browser type, click stream data and the time and date of your use of the Service. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. This information when used in combination with other collected information will provide better analysis and security.
Purposes and Uses for collecting the Information:
We collect the above-mentioned information about you for the following purposes and uses:
- To be able to verify your identity and detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
- To able to determine whether your loan application is approved/rejected. In case of a loan application approval, the information we collect will determine your credit score along with your assigned loan limit
- To be able to build our algorithm system and credit models
- To be able to analyze credit and customer behavior
- To be able to process transactions, disburse loans and collect payments
- To be able to comply with applicable rules and regulations regarding KYC “Know Your Customer”, AML “Anti-money laundering” requirements and CFT (Combating the Finance of Terrorism)
- To be able to send you promotional communications with respect to services that may be of interest to you
Disclosure of your Information
We attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purposes. We may share and disclose any Customer Information with the following recipients:
- We may disclose some or all of the collected information to any of our subsidiaries, our parent company and any of our parent company’s other subsidiaries (“our group”)
- If applicable, we may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you to connect to mobile wallet providers, insurance companies, credit bureaus or other financial institutions
- We may disclose your personal information to any local or international law enforcement or governmental agencies in order to assist in the detection, prevention and investigation of criminal activities or fraud
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets that we may disclose to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset.
- We may disclose your personal data with third-party service providers under contract with us that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing. Please note that in such cases we will only share a minimized amount of data of what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purposes.
Storing Your Data
- We ask you not to share your personal password or PIN that you have created to access your account on our App with anyone and we ask you to keep it confidential to ensure security and prevent unauthorized access. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, please remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable thus we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- By uninstalling the app from your Device, you can withdraw your consent from accessing your Customer Information in the future. We may keep and share stored Customer Information after the point of uninstall for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which Customer Information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as permitted by law.
Customer Obligations and Rights
- You are obliged to inform us promptly, and in any event, within 30 days, in writing if there are any changes to Customer Information provided to us and to respond promptly to any request from us. Failing to do so can and may result in blocking or closing your account where permitted under local Laws.
- If you withhold or withdraw any consent that we may need to process your customer information, we will be unable to provide new or continue to provide our services to you and we reserve the right to terminate our relationship with you
- If we have suspicions regarding financial crime or an associated risk, we will take necessary actions to meet the compliance obligations and may block or close your account where permitted under local laws.
- Should we wish to use your information for marketing purposes, we will inform you prior to such use. You shall be entitled to prevent such usage by informing us, within 7 days of being informed of the proposed use, that you do not wish to disclose such information.